Tuesday, March 17, 2009

If it makes you happy :-)

I love my little place...

I have said before that the mantra of a Road Warrior is not 'Om' but rather HOME...

One thing that has bugged me since buying is the bathtub - if you could call it that... the depth of the tub from tub floor to the over flow was 8" yes i did say EIGHT 8" in my world that is not a tub - rather a kiddie pool...

so the dream/vision has been a 'real' tub... when ever I would go to Lowes, I would walk past the tubs and basically drool over those beautiful slipper tubs - the clawfoot ones, that were oh sooo deep... and oh sooo expensive... $1500 range. No small change for sure... that is definitely a save a while purchase...

for two years I have longingly dreamed and drooled over bathtubs...

Well, early one sunday morning I went in to get drywall screws and a bit of caulking for a little project and headed to fixtures to endulge in my tub fantasies (ladies I know you understand this - men, most men will just not get it)...

When suddenly a ray of light shone down from above and I swear I heard a choir of Angels go ahhhhhhh there it was a beautiful tub... and this almost brings a tear to my eye... it was on clearance... Clearance... love that word... it wasnt the slipper tub instead this was a jaccuzzi soaker tub (no jets - i dont need jets) and marked down to $300 bucks...

Life is good! Because this was the weekend, the store is staffed by students... this young guy comes by, and I said I want this tub - but first I need to try it on to see if it fits... he looks at me like i am on crack... as I climb in...

Oh my, it fits perfect, the taper of backrest is exact, there is even built in armrests and and it is 17" from the floor to the overflow...

Ahhhh... I was on cloud nine... by 6pm that night - my new bathtub was sitting on the patio...

now, I do appreciate that we are creatures of habits...some of them good some not so much... my history - both the family I grew up in and when i was married - the 'great deal' purchase would be made... then it would be months or years till it was dealt with...

I took a stand, I am responsible... I will break the cycle here and now... so I set about to find someone to install it. YES, thanks to daddy I do have the technical know how to do this - both the demo and the new installation including plumbing - the limitation was two fold... actual three fold time, muscle power - doing it alone and the last one is a biggie... the day before contacting the contractor I found a really really yuck big black spider in the bathroom...

now being a realist - I know one my limits - if i were to encounter any ANY spiders i would run screaming from the project like a girl LOL

My wonderful neighbor Carla - had a guy she would recommend... his name was Tim... so i sent Tim an email... something along the lines of i need a quote before i can no longer resist the urge to run a hose direct from the hotwater tank to tub and bathe in the great outdoors.

Tim came over, gave a great quote and the project - at least Tim's part is done.

Again i give great thanks to the Universe... to find a contractor who is fairly priced, respectful with a great sense of humor - is truly a miracle.

This guy so ROCKS that although he was unable to finish the project on Friday and would have to return on Monday - he knew me - that i would go crazy if i couldnt use the tub... so he hooked up the water, and yes I did have a bath every night i was home... the first night there was no drywall BUT I HAD a TUB... the next night no toilet BUT I HAD A TUB... notice the theme... Oh and by the way - because this toilet had to be remove - i decided to install a new toilet and vanity... the toilet was on sale and the vanity clearance <= there is that word again :-)

I have him preparing a quote to redo the kitchen... *big grin*

I now have the responsibility of finishing the walls and tiling the tub...







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home