Sunday, December 17, 2006

Little Piece of Heaven looks heavenly...

I have been trying everytime I am home to do a little something to make it feel more homey...
The carport turned patio - is a nice usable space, but it was bland... looked like everyone elses... so I turned on the imagination... and a lightbulb came on... wow it would be a massive project and require a great deal of materials...

The vision...

put up twinkle lights between the exposed rafters (I have a fair number of these in California - and still have some at mom and dad's) Love boxing day shopping...

then cover all exposed area with silk (obviously too much time in the far east). Hmm, silk would be a financial problem... needed a plan B - ah, sheer curtains. Wow that would require a lot of curtains and it too would be costly. However, and that is a big however... there is in Los Angeles a hotel liquidator store - and I know that every single hotel I have ever been in has had sheers...

So Jim and I did the road trip... we had to brave LA traffic (it was brutal)but after 4 hours of traffic and 3 hours of sifting through bin after bin of curtains - the mission was accomplished 13 panels in total...

After washing - they looked fab... so, we strung 4 wires the full length of the patio. The next morning after dropping Jim at the airport I began the process of converting vision to reality... It took me the better part of 6 hours and then it was complete not perfect but up there... I will have to touch things up when I string the twinkle lights...

So as I sat admiring my work - it dawned on me - I leave for Thailand in 5 hours for the next 4 weeks - I giggled and thought well I hope my neighbours enjoy it, and I look forward to having it welcome me home... *big smile*




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home