Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ah, some time at home...

The sensation of returning home - really took on different meaning - have my own place. It really is quite amazing - before when I would return to San D, it would take 3 or 4 days to come down from the work - this time only a day... very nice!

I have an objective of trying to get things organized, with my own personal stamp. To start the process - the windows have been replaced. Now to Northern 'east coast' standards - the windows used in California are in fact what we call storm windows. Aluminum storms... so now new double paned vinyl has been installed.

I had spent the afternoon out and about, and when I returned I open the door and thought 'oh my - I must have left on the air' - hey wait I dont have airconditioning. The windows offer an almost 15F difference between outside and in - money well spent.

I am a big fan of before and after photos - so here are a few.

The kitchen before The kitchen after





The view from the livingroom BeforeThe view from the livingroom After




I know I sound like I am doing a window commercial... but I am impressed, temperature difference - I have been watching between 14-20F difference between outdoors and in... also the low E reflective enhances the view...

This is my little piece of heaven... i am thinking about painting a welcome sign reflecting the name of my home.

One more view shot... Ahhhh heaven...and yes that is my dog in the picture, being on the road so much - Jim knew I was missing having a dog... so for now the stuffed one will have to do - his name is James (Thanks Jim)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home